Please login or register. July 22, 2017, 09:49:19 PM

Myoko Self Contained accommodation

Funky self contained family accommodation right in the heart of Akakura Onsen

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

Get great prices on Japan ski hotels!

Author Topic: Buying property in Myoko Kogen  (Read 21429 times)

mrfm910

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
Buying property to rent out
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2011, 04:16:25 PM »
I'm interested in buying a property.  I won't be living in it, but I'd like to rent it out.  But I don't live in Japan, thus I'd like to hand the management side over to someone/a business locally.  Is there such an agency that would do this on my behalf?  They'd need to market, manage check-in/check-out, cleaning, repairs, etc.  My wife is Japanese, so language isn't a problem.  We'd likely stay in the apartment ourselves for two to ten weeks a year. Does such a rental agency exist?

I tried finding a similar deal for myself (renting a self catering apartment/lodge for a couple of weeks) but this sort of structure doesn't seem to exist (except in central Tokyo).  The Rakuten website, by the way, is virtually useless compared to accomodation booking websites I've used in other countries.  It seems to say that whatever I want to book isn't available!  And it doesn't give any guide prices!  It puts me off wanting to go to Japan to ski!  There's a lot of money to be made making all of this more foreigner-friendly!!!!

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
Re: Buying property in Myoko Kogen
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 11:16:07 PM »
There are agents that will do this for you, especially if there are no language barriers. I think Niseko has a fair few of these apartments. However you will likely not get much rental outside of the ski season. By the time you pay all the costs - land tax, agent, etc. etc. the rental you get in return may not be worth the hassle.

I agree about Rakuten - the availability on their English site can be woeful.

Myoko-Nagano Ski Japan and Travel Forum

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 11:16:07 PM »

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 11:11:58 AM »
Just listed a major hotel (formerly Hotel Espero) in Akakura Onsen here

Details:
    * Major hotel right in the centre of Akakura Onsen Village on main street
    * Floor area of over 2000 metres, 6 floors
    * Built around 50 years ago but some areas remodelled in recent years
    * Opening bid price - JPY 26,112,000 (App. AUD$315,000). Bid required by 10 August 2011

Website: http://onsen.nifty.com/cs/catalog/onsen_255/catalog_onsen006757_1.htm
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:20:42 PM by myokoguy »

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 06:34:23 PM »
Some new (and cheap) properties coming up for sale in Akakura Onsen, including two blocks of land and a house on the main street (badly in need of major work). Check our Akakura Real Estate page here - http://myoko-nojiri.com/properties/akakura_for_sale.html Bids must be in by mid-September so hurry!