Please login or register. September 24, 2018, 10:35:27 AM

Myoko Self Contained accommodation

Funky self contained family accommodation right in the heart of Akakura Onsen

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

Get great prices on Japan ski hotels!

Author Topic: Buying property in Myoko Kogen  (Read 27582 times)

Bill

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
Re: Buying property in Myoko Kogen
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 08:52:21 PM »
thanks heaps for keeping us informed of what's around in the area by way of suitable property. I think this is an excellent medium to assist genuine people in buying and developing/living in the myoko and other areas and we all need someone over there who can assist in this regard. Perhaps a bit more info in relation to how far the properties are to the lifts by car, or walk or even if they are on or close to the shuttle bus would be very useful, given how hard it is to work out those things from a map. I think most people interested in owning real estate in the area are focussed on the ski resorts and access to them is perhaps one of the main initial points of interest. Do the yearly taxes have any relationship to the age of the building ?
regards

bill

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 06:42:42 PM »
Hi Bill,

Of the recent listings the closest one to the ski areas would be the Bears of the Forest's Pension - about a five minute drive. Walkable, but not something you'd want to do regularly with skis under your arms.

The tax thing is a mystery to me. I think it goes on the size of the property but will double check. I've heard a number of property owners just cry poor and refuse to pay them.

Cheers, MG

Myoko-Nagano Ski Japan and Travel Forum

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 06:42:42 PM »

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 10:43:31 PM »
Update: We now are partnering with an agent who can source properties - see http://myoko-nojiri.com/properties/ as well as provide advice and documentation in English. We will also be able to list a lot more properties on the site within the next couple of weeks. So PM or email with your requirements and budget. Cheers, MG

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 02:37:17 PM »
Just listed some nice looking properties in Ikenotaira, Madarao Kogen, Hakuba and Nozawa Onsen. Some more coming soon, inc. some in Kijimidaira

brel

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 04:42:23 AM »
If anyone is genuinely interested in buying property in the Myoko area. I have actually been down this road a couple of years ago and have several interested parties looking to invest. There is actually a lot of property available in the Myoko (Akakura village area).
In consultation with a local builder I have inspected several properties and have town planning maps which identify those parcels of land and buildings available for sale.
One thing I will say though is that it is not a good idea to make too much noise about it as Myoko has laid relatively dormant for quite a long time prices are relatively cheap. However as soon as foreign investment is mentioned prices are more often than not jacked up.
I am in Myoko from early December and am more than happy for interested parties to contact me.

Bill

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 11:38:07 AM »
As mentioned earlier, im keen to buy in Myoko or another quality area on a share basis as soon as my house sells. It seems to me if you have 3 people prepared to put in up to AUD$40 000 each, you would get a place capable of supporting all their families for the winter. Certainly people i have talked to are keen but are waiting on me to go over there again and look at these places in the summer. Sharing the costs and dramas would be an advantage also. I have no idea about renting or making money from them, but so long as its not a nightmare accounting wise its a thought as im wanting to live there for the whole winter period regardless. I dont care if it rents for nothing in summer so long as someone is looking after it.
There is some cheap ones on this site right now well worthy of consideration but i think something that has at least 9 rooms and is on or close to the shuttle bus line would suit me later this year as i want to be organised before 2011 season.
Any interest my email is   seadream@aapt.net.au  but im poor at the moment until another property settles in august and or i sell my house in the meantime

regards

bill
0418 882298

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 04:46:46 PM »
Hi Bill,

I've just listed a few new places if you have a look on the site but unfortunately nothing in Akakura. There's a nice little cabin in Ikenotaira but whether it's big enough for everyone is a moot point.

Cheers, MG
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 03:38:44 PM by myokoguy »

Bill

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 08:58:23 PM »
here is a great link to costs in buying property in japan for anyone interested

http://www.realestate-tokyo.com/sale/guide/#n04

please hang around admin, you are both extremely helpful and very informative and when im next over there, ill be looking you up to take you out to dinner if your available.  Im trying to get there later this year before winter as i think it would be useful to see these areas whilst its easy to drive around.

Biggest problem seems to be identifying the areas close to the shuttle bus so a car is not needed

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 05:15:06 PM »
The main shuttle run starts at the Akakura PO and follows the main to Ikenotaira, then onto Suginohara. I believe there are a few diversions depending on the the timing (there's no schedule listed on the website). Next year may be different depending on what happens with Suginohara (tipped to close without a new owner). You can see the Myoko Shuttle stops alongside the road so look out for those. The folk at the tourist centre could help you out with something more definite.

Brisbane_Bob

• Snow Plougher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 11:34:14 AM »
I like the look of that cabin in Ikenotaira MG.  :D  Do you have any more info or a firm sort of location?

Myoko-Nagano Ski Japan and Travel Forum

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 11:34:14 AM »

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 11:40:45 AM »
That one is taken off a Japanese site Bob so I can't supply any more info than what's there. Did you click on the 'see info in Japanese' link? It does look like a nice little place doesn't it? If you're keen PM me and I'll see if I can somehow get hold of the agent, or alternatively an English speaking go-between. Cheers, MG

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 11:42:49 AM »
I sent out emails today re the possibility of some apartments coming up for sale in Myoko Kogen. If you didn't get the email or would like further info please pm me. Cheers, MG

Bill

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
Re: Buying property in Myoko Kogen or nearby area
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2010, 08:57:29 AM »
ok all...its been awhile but im finally in position to do what i like cash wise and this is foremost in my mind. I think this kept me sane over the last 12 months actually. Im looking for one of two things.

1. either buy (or rent) a pension/house or similar and just go live it for the season. Im happy to buy it with others provided it fits us all in is about my only concern and i want it near a shuttle bus.

or

2. buy a place to rent over the winter period and run it as a business whilst living there for the season. I dont want to know about the language and paper work issues though so maybe doing a  joint venture with an existing operator or someone who lives there already would be a good option.   ie...myoko guy...we need to talk  :-)

i like the idea of working there, but dont want to know about tax returns and am smart enough to know i know nothing about japan and would need guidance from someone with at least a financial interest in the property

im a developer/investor and putting deals together where everyone is happy is what i do best..being able to tell my same old stories to different victims would be heaven for me !  i will be in Myoko on 14th january doing some research but anyone interested, please email me on   seadream@aapt.net.au

samandfee

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2010, 02:06:22 PM »
Hi Bill
        My partner and I are also thinking along your lines,we also arrive in Myoko on Jan 14th 2011.......will have to catch up and chat over a beer or three..will email you also.

Regards.....samandfee.

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 11:39:40 PM »
Hi guys, you might want to PM Brel (see above). If he doesn't answer let me know and I can pass a message on.  ;D Cheers MG

P.S. You might want to add your details here in case anyone else will be in town at the same time - http://myokokogen.net/forum/index.php/topic,193.0.html