Please login or register. May 26, 2018, 05:46:38 AM

Myoko Self Contained accommodation

Funky self contained family accommodation right in the heart of Akakura Onsen

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

Get great prices on Japan ski hotels!

Author Topic: Buying property in Myoko Kogen  (Read 26186 times)

Brisbane_Bob

• Snow Plougher
    • View Profile
Buying property in Myoko Kogen
« on: August 07, 2009, 11:32:58 PM »
Id be interested to hear more about this.  ??? Is there much in the way of budget longterm stuff? Id love to buy a cheapie house in Myoko and rent the rooms out to longtermers. Figure it would basically give me free accom.

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 02:54:25 PM »
It's a fair proposition Bob. Not sure it's guaranteed income though. But hey, with a bit of marketing savvy who knows? If you had futon or bunk bed in a shared room for say, 2,000 a night there might be a few ski-bums interested in just hanging out longer term.

There's a fair few empty places here to be had. But the Japanese tend not to rent out or sell their empty places (for various reasons). I'm just trying to get some agents on board re listing properties in Myoko so keep your eyes here (click) for anything coming up.

Cheers, MG

Myoko-Nagano Ski Japan and Travel Forum

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 02:54:25 PM »

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

pikaski

• Powder Hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 07:53:48 PM »
yo BB. if I help with da marketing do i get a free sofa whenever???  ;D
Look! Out on the slopes...it's Pikachu-ski!

Tom

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 10:59:37 AM »
Hi Bob and All,
I am interested in the myoko kogen options being discussed. Currently there is a lodge for sale at ikenotaira, near the bus stop about 1 Km from lifts. I would be interested to know if anyone would be interested in collaborating around the idea of joint business development, using the combined marketing power of the people involved. I don't know anyone here personally, but have been in touch with a few people in myoko like bill and nix about property opportunities and have expressed my ideas around buying a lodge. I and my wife do not want all the management responsibilities, but want to have the shares benefits with others who may have a similar vision. One example is when some Australian groups created snow clubs and bough lodges in Australia , niseko etc, it becomes a sustaianable model. The lodge for sale at ikenotaira even has it own onsen!

Any one interested please reply or contact me. Sale price is 13,800,000 yen, not too much.
Taxes are quite high though, so the need to generate income is important.
Tom

Brisbane_Bob

• Snow Plougher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 08:52:54 PM »
Good luck Tom, but not my scene. I promise to drink in the bar though.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

When I get the kids off my hands soon I would like to have a place in Myoko as a second residence. Much cheaper than buying one in North Q'land. With Jetstar fares so cheap now I can fly to Tokyo and stay as long as I want. Also, although it's not too cold in Brissy, I could spend some Aussie winters up there. If I could rent some rooms/beds out (we used to call them 'boarders') that would give me some spending money. So it's a sort of lifestyle choice I'm looking at rather than a business decision.

pikaski

• Powder Hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 04:29:06 PM »
yo tom. no can do dude. i'm just a poor eikaiwa sensei.

on my dys off i can pole dance for lif tix and free futon tho  ;D (4 da ladies of course) ;)
Look! Out on the slopes...it's Pikachu-ski!

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 11:33:57 PM »
Something to remember Tom. The new shinkansen through Wakinoda (Joetsu) which would make Arai probably about a 20 minute drive from the station.

If someone has signed up to buy it they very well may have that in mind.

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
Re: Buying property in Myoko Kogen
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 10:20:35 PM »
This is the Japan ski lodge for sale in Myoko Ikenotaira Onsen that Tom is talking about by the way - http://myoko-nojiri.com/properties/myoko_for_sale.htm

A couple of people have contacted me Tom and I've told them to PM you or discuss their possible mutual interests here.

Tom

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 04:00:04 AM »
Thanks MyokoG, appreciate the info. Havnt heard from anyone yet by PM. Am happy to give you my email if that helps, as it looks like the property in Ikenotaira is under negotiations - but I would be keen to cooperate with them.
Cheers, Tom

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 03:29:03 PM »
Just CC'ed you in on an email Tom. Hope it's useful. 

Hopefully getting closer to some more property listings. :D

Cheers, MG

Myoko-Nagano Ski Japan and Travel Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 03:29:03 PM »

Bill

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 01:58:17 PM »
hello all..im a new member and this seems to be the place for information!
im very keen on buying something and staying and renting for the season also...its just so hard knowing where things are and where you need to be but i think there is merit buying something big enough in partnership with others of similar interest. a question, my sons and i would love the snowboarding in the area  but the wife would be seeking a decent coffee at the very minimum ..is that a possibility in the myoko area ?
great idea re using this site to advertise property listings also i think
regards

bill

seadream@aapt.net.au

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 03:24:42 PM »
Hi Bill, Welcome to the forums.

Good coffee is possible but nothing like you will get in Australia. There are a few coffee houses around the place but the range of coffees is quite limited. There's a nice Italian place in Akakura Onsen (Pomodoro) where there will be a bit more of a range. See it on the google map here.

Your wife would get bored every day inside but could spend a few days exploring the area - Zenkoji Temple & Nagano City, the Snow Monkeys, shopping in Takada, etc. She could also lounge around the hotsprings and read a few good books. If you're here for awhile over the season she can head down to Takada every week for community Japanese lessons.

Long term accommodation and property sales we are still working on! Not easy going at present.  :-\

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 03:25:58 PM by myokoguy »

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 07:08:20 PM »
Good news I hope. A contact of a contact has discussed property listings with a local director of the Real Estate Company Association. 

He explained that within the Joetsu area there are approximately 150 local companies in the Real Estate business - most are based in Joetsu City (Takada/Naoetsu) and they all generally cater to the same area in addition to Itoigawa, Kakizaki & Myoko. He has also offered to introduce any interested parties to some of these companies.

I'm hoping of course to add some listings onto the main site but in the meantime you can post or pm some ideas about what you're looking for and I can pass them on.

Cheers, MG

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 09:21:04 PM »
Just read elsewhere that Highland Ski Resort in Hakuba is up for sale for 'only' US$3,000,000, including the hotel and ski lift ops. The land is apparently owned by different people and would only be leasehold.

Doesn't sound like a great deal and not really sure the place would be making any money.

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 11:14:46 AM »
Just put up some new properties: http://myoko-nojiri.com/properties/myoko_for_sale.htm

There are a few others for sale that I haven't listed - houses a bit out of the way or probably not of interest to foreign buyers. If you'd still like to have a look you'll have to slog your way through this list - http://www.inakakurashi.jp/object/list/?unq=CM1255832002EM - look for ??? (Myoko City)