Please login or register. October 21, 2018, 07:13:49 AM

Myoko Self Contained accommodation

Funky self contained family accommodation right in the heart of Akakura Onsen

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

Get great prices on Japan ski hotels!

Author Topic: Best place to Snowboard in April 09  (Read 5284 times)

emma

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
Best place to Snowboard in April 09
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:42:02 AM »
Hi,

We arrive in Japan on 12 April and want to go somewhere for a week of snowboarding. We are really flexible with the destination and are happy to travel to Hokkaido if that's where the best snow is. How has the season been this year? Where has the most snow now? Can anyone recommend a resort/area to go to this late in the season? 

Thanks,
Em

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
Re: Best place to Snowboard in April 09
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:57:34 PM »
Hi Em,

Well, it must be said, this has not been our best ever season.  :'(  If you were asking this question this time last year (or lots of other years) I would've said Myoko (particularly Seki Onsen), Hakuba, Nozawa or Shiga would've been safe bets. There will probably still be some lifts running here but, without a good dumping of snow, the conditions will be fairly average.  :-\ You can check out the cams here to see the current conditions and here to see weather/snow forecast.

To be on the safe side I'd be looking at Hokkaido packages. At least you have a good chance of seeing some cherry blossoms and getting some skiing in at the same time. Cherry blossoms will hopefully still be accessible somewhere in or around Tokyo at that time.  ;D If you do come up this way I think the blossoms may be out in Takada Park with a little luck - all 3,000 of them.

Good luck,
MG

Myoko-Nagano Ski Japan and Travel Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:57:34 PM »

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

pikaski

• Powder Hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 12:13:39 AM »
Aka has hd quite a bit of sno Em.  ;D melting pretty fast tho  :'( dun think da season will be round mch longa
Look! Out on the slopes...it's Pikachu-ski!