Please login or register. August 24, 2017, 04:13:21 AM

Myoko Self Contained accommodation

Funky self contained family accommodation right in the heart of Akakura Onsen

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

Get great prices on Japan ski hotels!

Author Topic: Job opportunities for a Dutchman?  (Read 4088 times)

Timmie1983

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
Job opportunities for a Dutchman?
« on: July 11, 2013, 07:32:01 AM »
Frustrated by the automatic rejection e-mail I received from BoobooSki because my nationality isn't mentioned on the organization's website, I would like to try my luck here.

My name is Tim, a 30 year old Dutchman looking for job opportunities in Japan for the 2013-2014 winter season. I've visited Japan during spring, summer and autumn in the past. Now, I have the desire to experience the beauty of Japan during the winter, as well as to work there and to brush up my Japanese language skills.

I am looking for any kind of bar/hotel/restaurant/office/front desk work, as long as I can achieve my goal, namely to work in Japan, gain experience and improve my Japanese.

Any tips or advice would be be more than welcome. Thank you very much in advance.

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
Re: Job opportunities for a Dutchman?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 06:07:08 PM »
Now is a good time to be looking Timmie. You are better going directly rather through a middle-man.

I'd put together a brief CV and try emailing some places directly in the major resorts such as Niseko, Hakuba, Nozawa Onsen, etc. Also try the local tourist centres as they might know of hotels looking for people.

Also have a look at some of the previous posts on here as they might be looking for people for next season. Good luck!

Myoko-Nagano Ski Japan and Travel Forum

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 06:07:08 PM »

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 08:47:45 AM »
Have a couple of leads Timmie and have sent you a PM.

Do look into getting a work visa. That will make life much easier.