Please login or register. November 24, 2017, 10:09:54 PM

Myoko Self Contained accommodation

Funky self contained family accommodation right in the heart of Akakura Onsen

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

Get great prices on Japan ski hotels!

Author Topic: Myoko Season  (Read 4686 times)

ggee

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
Myoko Season
« on: April 24, 2013, 05:11:06 AM »
Hey guys,

Myself and a mate are looking at coming over to do a season in Myoko for 2013/2014. I'm wondering what our best option is as far as accommodation goes? I'm struggling to find any form of share accommodation options.

What are the chances of landing a job there? I can speak some basic japanese and would be happy to brush up on that before I go (plenty of time!)

Obviously the season is almost done over there but with work etc here I'd really like to try and sort out as much as possible before getting there and having to be on the struggle!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
Re: Myoko Season
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 07:47:29 AM »
Long term accommodation is a bit difficult. I would look for Canadian House, Pension Mont Cervin or Akakura Yours Inn and send each of them an email to see what long term price they could do. Please tell them you got the recommendation through Nic at myokokogen.net

There are jobs going in hotels and if you have some Japanese skills that is certainly looked upon favourably. If you were to get one of these gigs then your accomm problems are solved as they will provide room and meals.  Send us an email via our contact us page and maybe I can forward it on.

You also need to get a working holiday visa asap. These are good for 12 months. http://www.sydney.au.emb-japan.go.jp/english/visa_info/working_holiday_visa.htm

Good luck (and welcome)!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 11:23:24 PM by myoko-nagano »

Myoko-Nagano Ski Japan and Travel Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 07:47:29 AM »

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

Gorden Kuma

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 09:55:39 AM »
This is good info. We (couple and 2 kids) are hoping to come for 18 days in Jan 2014. If we like it we will be sniffing around for longer term for the following season.  ;D I know it's a long shot but would there be any short term schooling options?

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 01:55:31 PM »
Depending on the amount of time you're talking I would probably look into homeschooling. There are good public schools in the town but, 1) your kids would need at least passable Japanese, and 2) I'm not sure short term enrolment is possible. If you are really serious about the possibility send me a PM and we can organise to meet up for a chat when you are here.