Please login or register. September 21, 2017, 03:56:48 PM

Myoko Self Contained accommodation

Funky self contained family accommodation right in the heart of Akakura Onsen

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

Get great prices on Japan ski hotels!

Author Topic: Hakuba pension and ski lodges accommodation  (Read 5717 times)

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
Hakuba pension and ski lodges accommodation
« on: November 15, 2011, 11:36:23 AM »
Check out the new Hakuba pension and ski lodges accommodation site - http://hakuba-accommodation.net/hakuba-ski-lodges-and-pension.html - providing over fifty choices of accommodation in Hakuba

Highlighted accommodation includes the popular Alupu Lodge, Penke Panke Lodge, Pension and Bar Sidehill and Wind Jacket

Skido1

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
    • Hakuba Luna Hotel
Re: Hakuba pension and ski lodges accommodation
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 06:01:32 PM »
Hi Myokoguy,

The pensions and lodges page looks great. Well done.

Don't forget your hotels page, which also lists great accommodation options:

http://hakuba-accommodation.net/index.htm#hakuba_hotel_resorts
LIFL - Life Is For Living
www.hakubalunahotel.com

Myoko-Nagano Ski Japan and Travel Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 06:01:32 PM »

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 07:19:22 PM »
Cheers Skido. I'm hopeful of getting the new hotels page up before the season starts.

Method

• Snow Plougher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 08:00:08 PM »
One I stayed  at a few years ago (listed on the website above) was Gakuto Alpine Lodge.

It was a full on Japanese lodge, which maybe a slight culture shock for non-Japanese. It was very nicely appointed (the lodge is constructed from japanese cedar I believe) and included breakfast each morning. As i mentioned it's the full japanese experience so expect tatami mats, chairs without legs, tiny slippers, yukatas and rice pillows. Silly gaijin (I include myself in that!) should brush up on their shoe/slipper etiquette! There's a drying room and internet access. It's in the wadano-no-mori area which is at the north-eastern corner of Hakuba. The owner was extremely hospitable in true japanese fashion. He picked me up and dropped me off at the bus station. I was only there for 2 nights/3 days as I was in japan for work so didn't have all my gear, but he drove me to get a hire board and bindings and also down to the Kurashita-no-yu onsen each night (also recommended). Their english is not perfect, but certainly good enough that I was able to call and explain what bus I was catching from Nagano and what time it was arriving.

The lodge is ski-in (boarders will need to keep speed) once you get your bearings (quite hard as the Wadano-no-mori area is heavily wooded and the roads aren't really in a grid). It's not ski out, but only a five minute flat walk to the lifts. To get over to the happo gondora (:P) you will need to take a few lifts and traverse (easy as pie), but there is also a bus stop almost outside the lodge, although the buses were infrequent and took quite a circuitous route.

There's a few restaurants in the area, but overall Wadano-no-mori is fairly quiet. Downtown hakuba and all its bars and restaurants are only 5 minutes away in a cab though.

It was slightly pricey, but if you aren't afraid of a full japanese experience, I can recommend this place.

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 01:18:54 AM »
Interesting to hear Method. Thanks for the write up. I've read some good feedback on the place but yeah, I imagine it might be difficult if you were a Japan newbie. :o Because it's a little bit different to a lot of other Hakuba offerings it's listed under "speciality accommodation" - http://hakuba-accommodation.net/hakuba-luxury-speciality-accommodation.html#gakuto_alpine_lodge