Please login or register. September 22, 2017, 08:38:50 PM

Myoko Self Contained accommodation

Funky self contained family accommodation right in the heart of Akakura Onsen

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

Get great prices on Japan ski hotels!

Author Topic: Restaurants in Myoko Kogen and Akakura  (Read 8125 times)

SkiFool

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
Restaurants in Myoko Kogen and Akakura
« on: October 05, 2008, 06:05:52 PM »
Hello,

Just wondering if there are a number of restaurants in the area around Akakura Ski resort that are easy to get to?

We would not like to eat dinner in our hotel.

Thanks in advance,
SkiFool
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 10:59:46 PM by myokoguy »

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
Re: Restaurants in the area
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 07:30:42 PM »
There's a few but not an over-abundance. There are some within the various hotels of course. There's a nice Italian place that's easy to find. Make sure you carry a Japanese phrasebook.  ??? It's not like Niseko where they have lots of English translations. Get down to the Hawk and Hare if you can. It will take you at least 20-30 minutes to walk but Mike can whip up a fair meal with lots of booze to wash it down.  ;D

Also, whilst on the slopes, you will probably be confronted with the food coupon vending machine. You have to buy a coupon, hand it in at the counter and then wait for your food. Once again you'll have to have practice your Japanese or take pot luck!

Good luck!~ MG

Myoko-Nagano Ski Japan and Travel Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 07:30:42 PM »

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

SkiFool

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 06:17:13 AM »
Thanks for the information.
so, would you say there are enough restaurants nearby to go to a different one every night for 10 nights? Not including the hotels.

I quite like the vending machines.  ;D

cheers,
SkiFool

pikaski

• Powder Hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 05:08:41 PM »
so, would you say there are enough restaurants nearby to go to a different one every night for 10 nights? Not including the hotels.

I quite like the vending machines.  ;D

cheers,
SkiFool

oooh, could reall be pushing it :-\ spec. if u want diff type of food every night. mostly noodle shops n izakaya. aprt frm the italian rest perhaps try myoko beer hall in ikenotaira, hawk and hare, yamagishi okonomiyaki in myoko kogen? perhps others can suggest some more  ???

Look! Out on the slopes...it's Pikachu-ski!

jeanlerymg

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »

I quite like the vending machines.  ;D

cheers,
SkiFool

I believe there is enough food in all the restaurants nearby the hotel. I also prefer the different kinds of foods every night, whenever I need to stay in a hotel.  And I like also vending machines, especially the stuffs there because it tastes good for me.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:36:35 PM by jeanlerymg »

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 06:35:17 PM »
Surprised to see this thread pop up again. Welcome jeanlerymg. We are just working on a restaurant and bars page on the main site which should be in place in a month or two. Please PM me or post any reviews you might have on places that you've eaten/drunken at. In the meantime here is the Akakura google map with lots of restaurants listed kampai!

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 11:14:12 AM »
And check out the new Myoko Bars, Restaurants and Cafes page too: http://myokokogen.net/bars-restaurants-cafes.html  8)