Please login or register. November 24, 2017, 02:52:20 PM

Myoko Self Contained accommodation

Funky self contained family accommodation right in the heart of Akakura Onsen

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

Get great prices on Japan ski hotels!

Author Topic: Questions for Myoko Guy  (Read 3201 times)

Snowjunky

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
Questions for Myoko Guy
« on: November 18, 2010, 09:09:41 PM »
Hi MK, 3 questions
1. Do Myoko resorts have lift ticket discounts for over 60's like Nozawa & Shiga do?
2. if yes what sort of discount is there?
3. Do you think there will be a more user friendly Trail map done for Akakura Onsen & Suginohara. e.g. like the one done for Shin Akakura  Nozawa, hakuba, shiga etc where they runs marked with different levels of difficulty - Black, red etc.
The ones there now are really not much help at all
Appreciate your feedback  & counting the days till 2 Feb.
Unsane

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Myoko Guy
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 10:00:33 PM »
Hi SJ,

1. Yes, definitely. Starts at 50-55 depending on the resort. You'll need to show proof - bring your passport. Ask for shi-ni-ya ticketo

2. It varies - I am slowly working my way through the lift ticket prices for this season. One of my many jobs I don't seem to have time for at present. If you go to each resort page, click on the ski lifts link, then look for "*???*" (this is the Japanese writing - may not show up on some browsers), it will give you the price. Seniors normally pay the same price as high school students.

E.G. Go to http://myokokogen.net/resorts/suginohara.htm and click on "Download discount ski lift coupons" (about half way down the page). I've put a google translate link to help out. As an example you get a lift ticket, a free drink, and some other discounts for 3,400

3. Sorry those are the best maps that I know of at the moment. The resorts are a bit slow on the uptake in English. What I'd suggest is printing those off to take with you. Then when you get here just pick yourself up the Japanese versions (which are more comprehensive) and compare them with the English guide.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, MG
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 10:09:51 PM by myokoguy »

Myoko-Nagano Ski Japan and Travel Forum

Re: Questions for Myoko Guy
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 10:00:33 PM »

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays