Please login or register. September 24, 2018, 11:31:38 AM

Myoko Self Contained accommodation

Funky self contained family accommodation right in the heart of Akakura Onsen

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

Get great prices on Japan ski hotels!

Author Topic: Thanks MyokoGuy  (Read 6102 times)

smitty484

• Liftie
    • View Profile
Thanks MyokoGuy
« on: July 14, 2010, 06:43:57 PM »
Received the Snow Search Japan book in the mail yesterday. Haven't had a proper read of it yet, just had a quick flick through. But when I get time to have a read i'll let you all know what I think. Cheers :)

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks MyokoGuy
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 07:50:50 PM »
You're welcome Smitty. Maybe slip us a small review when you get through it.

We'll be running another journal comp next season. Know you won't be in Myoko this time around but enjoy the great white north!

Cheers, MG

Myoko-Nagano Ski Japan and Travel Forum

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 07:50:50 PM »

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

Bill

• Ski Schooler
    • View Profile
snow search japan
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 06:16:56 PM »
mate please let us all know how the book is

smitty484

• Liftie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:37:01 PM »
I want to say from the outset that even though I received a copy of this book free from MyokoGuy (many thanks :) ) I don't feel obliged to say it is good if I don't think it is....However, I did find it very good, haha.

Just finished reading it over the weekend and found it very interesting. Lots of good information on resorts all over Japan, from Hokkaido to Honshu. Information on the resorts included pow, park, village, good for beginners/experts etc. In fact, after reading the book it sounds as if the people who wrote it have actually been to all the places reported in the book. Always helps!

What I also enjoyed about the book was it just didn't have info on snow resorts but also everything to do with making a snow trip, or even non snow trips, much easier. I.e. Info on onsens, train travel, cultural things, jobs, language etc.

If you like snow in Japan and want a good/helpful read, pick up this book.