Please login or register. November 23, 2017, 01:44:56 AM

Myoko Self Contained accommodation

Funky self contained family accommodation right in the heart of Akakura Onsen

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

Get great prices on Japan ski hotels!

Author Topic: Myoko SNOW  (Read 5727 times)

smitty484

• Liftie
    • View Profile
Myoko SNOW
« on: December 14, 2009, 06:01:49 PM »
We have lift of peoples, I think the resort is going to be in GREAT shape by the start of next week. Lots of snow :D

About 7 weeks until I arrive in Akakura :D :D

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
Re: Myoko SNOW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 06:30:31 PM »
Bit nervous going back a a couple of weeks but looks like it will be a supremo start to the season this weekend. If it keeps going like this Smitty you'd better take a snorkel with you to Seki Onsen  ;)

Myoko-Nagano Ski Japan and Travel Forum

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 06:30:31 PM »

Cheap Japan Ski Holidays

smitty484

• Liftie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 05:43:18 PM »
Myoko really stepped it up a gear this arvo. 5cm last night, clear this morning, fat flakes just before lunch, back to ice rain (temps below zero though) then started snowing around 1 or so and hasn't stopped. Not the biggest flakes, but lots of them. My brother and I tried through the trees this morning up at Akakura Kanko and hit the crust too much for it to be fun. Tried it again this arvo and it was SO much better. About ankle deep, but enough so that we didn't hit the crust that often. Then moved over to Akakura Onsen and into the trees and again SO much better than it has been. Freshies everywhere. I just love how the Japanese people keep to the piste, left heaps of untouched for my brother and I all afternoon. Stayed till last lifts. Just had an onsen, stoked.

Really looking forward to tomorrow.

Also, snow quality just keeps improving and by about 3pm we had 1 to 2m dust trails behind us.

myokoguy

• Administrator
  • Ski Jumper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »
Sweet!  ;D

This is how Myoko should be, esp. amongst the trees. Pity you just copped a bad patch in an otherwise great season.  :'(

Hope you get lots of sweet pow for the rest of the trip.  :)